Maddie’s Clinic Apprenticeships
Austin Pets Alive! Town Lake Animal Center (TLAC):
1156 W Cesar Chavez St, Austin, TX 78703 (downtown Austin)
**Please note: This address can confuse Google Maps, if so, use “1200 Reserve Road, Austin TX 78703” for the most accurate directions.
Parking locations can be found here.
- Laptop or tablet
- Camera or phone camera
- Closed toe shoes
- Comfortable clothing or scrubs
- Written questions or concerns to make sure all of your questions get answered
- Pertinent existing protocols
- A great attitude!
for Managers: Students should plan to arrive at APA!’s main facility (TLAC) at 9:00 AM on the first day of their apprenticeship. Students should report to Building A (Davenport) on Day 1 and ask for Jordana. Expect to be on-site until at least 5:00 PM each evening.
for Vets: Students should plan to arrive at APA!’s main facility (TLAC) at 10:00 AM on the first day of their apprenticeship. Students should report to Building A (Davenport) on Day 1 and ask for Dr. Naya. Expect to be on-site until at least 6:00 PM each evening.
The apprenticeship will end at 4:00 PM on the last day.
All students should complete their pre-work through Maddie’s University prior to their apprenticeship, this is tracked for completion. Links below are provided for your convenience and are un-tracked.
Please assure you have reviewed and complete the following before you arrive:
Please bring a hard copy of the following data:
- Intake and outcome numbers by species and age for twelve consecutive months
- Individual animal reports & medical records of all animal deaths during two weeks in January and two weeks in July
Activities will be classroom based, in the shelter and in our clinic. Students will be working hands-on with animals and should wear clothes that are comfortable and getting slightly dirty.
- Close-toed shoes
- We encourage all our students to proudly wear shirts or items from their home shelters!
Texas weather is unpredictable, so it is recommended to check the daily weather forecast prior to your visit. You can learn more about our weather here.